Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Week Two

Things are going along here during Week 2. The plumber is here trying to finish up his work today. Let's hope!! The Electrician was here yesterday and has to come back to finish his work.
Today the appliances got delivered. There was is a rebate that Paul needs to send in by the end of the month so we had them delivered now so there wouldn't be a problem. Also this way the contractor can check them out and make sure everything is okay. If the garage wasn't full before it is now!! I can't wait to get them all unboxed and into the house!

We went with all Kitchen Aid so they would match each other. That is very important don't you know!! I think of Jim talking about the people down in Peru and how some of them cook on not much more than open fires. Somehow the importance of all the fancy features seem much less important!! They are nice though!! I just have to remember they are nice, not necessary!!
If you look up at the ceiling you can see the wiring for all the lights. Six can lights and three hanging over the island. As we get older the less the eyes work so light is Very important!! (Guess who is feeling her age today!!)

New plumbing where the sink will be.

Now the plumbing I knew would have to be changed a lot but I never thought that there would be as much electric work as there is! They have to have several new lines in for the appliances and there is all the lights, and plugs and switches. Wires, wires, wires everywhere!! Here they are coming out of the house into the garage. Don't worry, they aren't going to stay like that!!

Here is a beautiful site. New plumbing for the washing machine! That was always backing up and running over. What a mess all the time. Now there shouldn't be any problems. You can see more wires too!!
All in all there is a lot of work being done. Not as fast as I would like to see but as fast as most projects get done I'm sure. The plumber just said he had just a couple more hours to do tomorrow and he would be done!! Sounds good to me! We are looking at cabinets going in the first of next month. Then the flooring after that. What a different kitchen this will be.
I was looking at the before pictures last night and missing the old kitchen. It is more than just not having the kitchen to use. I am missing what I am so used to having. I'm sure I will Not miss it after the new one is done!
One week down, 5 to 7 more and things will be back to normal. Well, as normal as they ever are here!!

1 comment:

Darcy said...

It looks bigger this week. I guess when you look at them taking everything down it doesn't seem so big but when there is noting else there it does. Weird.