Monday, March 27, 2006

Grad School

Jim has been accepted and has decided to go to the Santa Barbara Grad School!!!
It is Bren School of Environmental Science & Management. (follow link in title to find out all about it.) It is a two year program that is one of the top ranked in the nation. Think he said in line with Yale or Harvard.
He was also accepted at the two other schools he applied to, one in Florida and one in Colorado. The Colorado one was interesting to him as the prof he would be working with was interested in him going to Africa with him. I don't think he is going to change his mind about Santa Barbara but will have to wait and see what he finally does!
We are very proud of him and know he will do so great in the classes.
So many changes in my family right now!! Starting with Steve's marriage, then Grad School for Jim and moving for Darcy!! My head is spinning. Oh, that is normal isn't it!!
Good luck, Jim!!! :)

4 comments:

Shannen said...

That's awesome!!! congrats Jim no matter where you go you'll be amazing!

Darcy said...

Congrats from the clan in AZ (future UT residents!)

sea monkey said...

I'm not sure when I'll leave. I'm thinking June 7, but not set in stone. I'm coming back for the fall semester of school, then (if I've been accepted) leaving again in January for the spring semester in Bordeaux.

sea monkey said...

I'm thinking the hair is going as short as I can handle. Depends on how gutsy I feel when I get there, but definitely not quite chin-length.
This is the shortest it might go:
http://beauty.about.com/od/hairstylephotogalleries/ss/sleekhair_2.htm
But more likely about this length:
http://beauty.about.com/od/shorthairstyles/ss/chinlength_8.htm

If I wasn't convinced that my head is really weird shaped under all this hair I would just shave it off.