Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Dogs, Dogs, Dogs

(I have been trying to post a video of the dogs fighting but for some reason it won't work. You will have to do with the pictures until I figure out what I am doing wrong.)
After Jake's surgery on December 30Th I brought Bailey back home with me. I was going to bring both the dogs back but Guinness just had surgery himself so he had to stay and have all his post op check ups and get his stitches out.
So for the past three weeks we have had two dogs to love and take care of. It has been a lot of work at times but it has been sooo much fun also. I have enjoyed it so much. Bailey is a very good puppy. Puppy being the key word! She brings back memories of what Mr. B was like when he was a puppy. All the redwood bark from outside in the house, the torn pieces of paper. Never letting them get too far out of sight. If she is quiet too long I know I have to check on her!!

"Oh look at the great piece of plant I found! I think I'll take it inside and tear it up and then leave it all over the floor!"

Resting for a second or two before she is back to running around and checking everything out.

This how the two of them have spent the last three weeks. Play fighting. They have had so much fun together. Mr. B is going to be one very, very lonely dog after tomorrow morning.

Wild eyed dog!!

Break time to check out the window to see who they can bark at. There is always someone going up or down the street that can make them interested. Working together to tear a toy apart. That's what we like, team work. They really didn't tear it apart. Bailey does that all by herself! I picked up some of Beardsley's more favorite toys and put them out of her reach. She has taken the squeakers and stuffing out of about 6 of his old toys. Keeps her busy anyway. She just went into my bedroom and brought Paul's slippers out. No, I don't think you need to chew on those!!


All in all it has be a great time with her. She thinks that Paul is just great and runs to meet him when he comes home. He likes her a lot but doesn't like that fact that she loves to french kiss him! I told him he always has something great in his mouth so she wants to share! The shedding on the other hand is something both of us could do without. We knew we did the right thing getting a dog that didn't shed but this really reminded us how good it is! There is white fur everywhere! It will take me a month to get it all cleaned up!

Tomorrow morning I am going to be taking her back home so we will be back to just the three of us. I know we are all going to miss her but I'm sure that Mr. B is going to miss her most of all. I am going to have to take him over to the dog park a lot so he gets to play with other dogs. He just thinks she is the cat's meow!

No comments: