Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Dorothy Williamson Gilmore

Dorothy Williamson Gilmore
*
May 20, 1918 to July 7, 2008

I am very sorry to write that my Aunt Dot died yesterday. This picture is from 2005, I think it was the last time they were out here. Uncle Dick died February 2007.

I haven't heard any more than that yet. I know she had just got out of the hospital last month and hadn't been doing well. As you remember she has had Alzheimer's for several years. I will miss her. She was always so giving and loving. I still use the tablecloth they brought back from Guatemala many many years ago. On one visit when my kids were little she was making a Christmas stocking for one of her grand kids. Darcy was watching her and liked it so before Dot left she had made one for Darcy with her name on it. Darcy still puts that stocking out every year. I was always amazed at how fast she was able to make it!

Always a walker and a traveler she and Dick did many Volkmarches thoughout the country. I think that in the back of my mind I have always pictured Paul's and my retirement based on how they traveled!

She will be missed.

No comments: