Wednesday, October 12, 2005

In Mesa Working

Well, here I am working as a grandmother babysitter for Jessy & Kody!! I will be here all week folks! Darcy and Scott are off cruising around Mexico having a great time I'm sure and what do I get to do? What I love to do, play with the grandkids!! Am I lucky or what!!
I was going to put some of the many pictures I have taken on here but then I figured out that I didn't bring the cables to download the pictures and the card reader here doesn't take either of my cards. Oh well, you all will have to wait for them.

I'm sitting here wondering why my arms are sore. Duh, I've been carrying around a two and half year old!! Even though Kody likes to walk on his own most of the time the little I have to do is making me sore. Does that mean I'm out of shape? Okay, everyone knew that already!!

We are having a great time. I was worried about Kody missing Mom and Dad but so far so good. The first day he didn't say anything about them and I didn't use the M-O-M word at all. Last night he took me around to every room and turned on all the lights and said "Mom's not here" in each room. He wasn't upset, he was just giving me the news. He likes to sit "In Daddy's seat" for his meals. Of course now he thinks it is "my seat". Everything is "My" just add the noun!

The first night he climbed into bed with me and as I am sleeping in Jessy's twin bed it was a tight fit and he moves all the time!! Needless to say I didn't get the greatest sleep! Thank goodness last night he slept in his bed all night so it was much better!!

Jessy is getting out of school half day so we are going to go hit some tennis balls around. Jessy is taking tennis lessons now and loves it! Thursday and Friday there isn't any school so tomorrow we will be doing more of the same and a bunch of other stuff like playing Polly Fashion Dolls! We will have a granddaughter/grandmother day. Now isn't that the best fun you can even think of? Friday I hope to take the two of them hiking and then up to Goldfield to get some ice cream. Goldfield is a tourist goldmine town in the area. I like the place, small not real busy and quiet. There is one place where we get the ice cream that has a outside patio that overlooks a place that they feed the birds so I'm happy just sitting there!! I have no idea what we will be doing this weekend. Kody takes a nap right in the middle of the day so it is hard to go anywhere too far away. Might try for the zoo but I don't know yet.

Well, I better get some housework done before the fun starts again! Signing off from Mesa Arizona where the weather is wonderful!!

1 comment:

Darcy said...

We are having a great time!!! but we really miss the kids!!
Much love to all. I am keeping this short since it is $0.75 a min on the internet! ouch!