Thursday, March 05, 2009

Beardsley's 3rd Birthday

It is hard to believe we have had Mr. B for almost 3 years now. When we got him he was only 4 months old and here he is now a 'big boy' of 3 years old!! We have gone through a lot with him, lots of walks, lots of food, lots of worry, lots and lots of love. He is bigger and a different color (lots lighter) than when we got him but still the same mellow, momma loving dog.

Isn't he a handsome boy?

Here he in his normal spot when I am on the computer or gone from the house. Sitting at the front window looking out at all the cars and people walking by. When I leave the house he sits there watching and waiting for me to come home. As I write this I am in Utah and I'm sure he is sitting there right now wondering if I am ever coming home!! Paul said he is very, very unhappy this time. He really misses me and I must say I miss him too!!

After a hard day at work, guarding the house and chasing squirrels what is better than a nap with Papa? Nothing, that is what!!

There was about 4 months after he hurt his back in September that I didn't take him over to the dog park. He was on restricted movement for awhile and then I was just plain worried that something would happen. I finally decided I would just have to chance it and see what happened. That first day back I think he was the happiest dog in the world!! We have been going at least 4 days a week for a month now and he will never get tired of it. He is better natured at home, not so weird when he gets to go out and mix with the other dogs and run, run, run. I didn't say he wasn't weird anymore, just not so weird. After all he is a dog!! He loves everything about it, the dogs, the smells and.......

All the new places to "mark"


Here is with his long haircut. Okay, here he is when I don't get around to taking him to the groomers!!

" Hi Papa, don't I look sad?
I have my teddy bear and you are sitting on the couch but I can't jump up there so could you please pick me up?"

Two of my favorite men!!! I love you both!
Happy Birthday, Mr. B


2 comments:

Spike said...

Happy Birthday Mr. B! I'm glad you are able to go to the dog park and play with Guinness again!

Shannen said...

I love his long haircut :) Happy Birthday Mr. B!