Monday, November 03, 2008

Week Three Wrap-Up

I didn't get anything posted last week so I will try and wrap up the whole week. It was a little confusing this past week but everything worked out in the end. It always does I guess.
Tuesday morning the city posted signs that they were going to slurry the street on Thursday and that the street was going to be closed. Help!! We had the large dumpster out front in the street!! Several calls later to the contractor, the city and then the trash company calling me all was taken care of and the dumpster was moved into the driveway on Wednesday morning. It just added a little excitement to our lives.
The cabinets were going to be delivered on Thursday so that was pushed back a day also.
Also on Monday Grandpa decided to have his ceilings scraped and the house painted. Busy, busy street!! He got to stay down in his house until today (Monday) but he will be up here while they finish the bedrooms and the rest of the house. I was kind of worried about him staying down as long as he did as the fumes are very strong.

My little doggy looking into the kitchen area. He hasn't be allowed back into the area and he can't understand why!! He has been getting a little worked up with everyone here so I have had to start disciplining him a little more. He goes crazy whenever someone gets near the doors. I think with a little work he should be fine. I hope so at least!! I don't like feeling that I can't trust him!!

This is the sign I put on the back door to remind the workers not to let the dog in or out! My little doggy is a lot cuter than the little doggy in the picture!!

I didn't show you the back porch before. It is just like having a summer cabin with the refrigerator on the back porch!! I'm glad the weather has been as nice as it has been. At least it isn't Alaska and freezing!!


Here the kitchen is after the texture and the primer paint was put on.

Refrigerator wall.

Exciting times!! The cabinets are being delivered!!

Dining room hutch coming in.

Kitchen area. No doors on them so they look funny but so nice anyway.

My new window seat. I told the cabinet man he didn't have to put a good piece of wood on the top as it would be covered with cushions but no go. He wouldn't put something on that didn't look great. He "threw" the top in with the deal so he could be happy too!

Refrigerator wall. The refrigerator will go between the two cabinets. My "charging station" cabinet is on the end. It is a lot more than I was thinking about at first. I just wanted someplace to put the cell phones but what I got was a beautiful piece of furniture!! There is bookcases on the top and cabinets on the bottom.

Lots and lots of cabinets!!!

This is close to the color of the wood. Maybe not quite as red but pretty close. You can see the Shaker style that will be on the doors. This is one of the ends of the island.
As I am writing this I can hear the banging of the cabinets going in. It will take a couple of days to get them in as there are so many!! I can't wait to see them in with the doors. So far we are very happy with the workmanship. We are even very happy with the color. We weren't sure if we would like what we picked out. Both of us are so bad at colors and decorating!! So far so good. More soon.

No comments: