Monday, August 08, 2005

Chinese Silk Tree


Okay, I have to admit defeat. I was trying to grow this tree in a large pot but I was always forgetting to keep it watered so it just didn't grow. In fact I almost lost it several times so I gave up. We had been talking forever about getting a tree for the back of the yard but just never did anything about it. Well, Saturday I asked my Super-Handiman Hubby to dig a hole so we could put the tree in. Guess what, that silly man did it even though it was a million degrees out and it hurt his shoulder. What a guy! (thanks, love!)
It is a fast growing tree (not that you could tell when it was in the pot!!) so it should be giving us good shade in a few more years. Between the maple and this one that should do it.
This will also give the birds one more place to sit and maybe a good blind for me to hid behind to take pictures of the orioles on the hill!

No comments: